Maarten den Heijer
Maarten den Heijer is Assistant Professor of International Law at the University of Amsterdam.
He was a post-doctoral researcher in the SHARES Project (2010-2015).
His research themes include international and European asylum and immigration law, human rights and state responsibility.
Blogposts by Maarten den Heijer
- Transfer of vulnerable asylum seeker to Italy not in violation of ECHR
- Prisoner transfer agreements – reverse refoulement?
- Judgment on repayment of foreign currency savings by successor states of former Yugoslavia
- Europe’s torture watchdog on shared responsibility of Belgium and the Netherlands for Tilburg prison
- ‘Left to die’ boat reveals collective failure to rescue migrants at sea
- Who’s responsible for protecting terrorist suspects?
Publications by Maarten den Heijer
- Procedural Aspects of Shared Responsibility in the European Court of Human Rights
- Issues of Shared Responsibility before the European Court of Human Rights