Ilias holds an LLB from the University of Essex, an LLM from Tulane University and a PhD from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. He has worked as a researcher at the University of Athens and for the UN Office in Geneva (International Law Commission).
His research interests include public international law, international environmental law and the law of international responsibility.
Blogposts by Ilias Plakokefalos
- International Law Commission and the topic ‘Protection of the Atmosphere’: Anything new on the table?
- State Responsibility and Flag State Duties - Commentary
- Is there a major role for the law of responsibility in international fisheries management? - Commentary (2)
- The Sub-Regional Fisheries Commission Submits a Request for an Advisory Opinion to ITLOS
- Cyber warfare: some questions of shared responsibility